Creating Our Path to the Future
Grad is on June 29, 2022, at Westerner Park: 4847A 19 St, Red Deer
- Grads be at the Parkland Pavilion 12:00 tomorrow - bring your cap & gown!
- Ceremony starts 1:00 in the Centrium
- Livestream link for the Ceremony is at https://vimeo.com/event/2244843. You do not need to have the app or sign in.
- Lost and Found items, other last-minute items will be texted out to https://www.remind.com/join/lchs-grad
Thanks for your support of the LCHS Class of '22. If you would like to receive emails or text messages with updates on our plans, please add your name to the mailing list:
Information Handout and To-Do List for Grads
The in-person info session was on May 12 at 6:30. Please follow these links for the information that was shared:
All Grads, here is your To Do list:
1. Check if your name is on the Grad List, and if it is spelled correctly. The grad list is posted in the school hallways.
- If you don't have a current class, email Mrs. Gillard to ask if you're on it.
- The way your name is spelled here is how it will appear on the program and your certificate from LCHS. If you want something different ("Bobby" rather than "Robert", or you use a last name that is different than your legal name), email Mrs. Y
- If you are NOT on the Grad list, see Mrs. Yaremchuk ASAP
2. Send one candid/childhood picture to email@example.com for the grad slideshow by June 15
3. Check Parent Portal that all school fees are paid. You cannot buy reception tickets or pick up your cap & gown until they are.
4. Purchase Reception tickets (May 13 - June 11) on Parent Portal. Cost is $25 until June 6, then late tickets are $35.
Schedule for Graduation Day
Ceremony: 1:00 - 4:00 at the Centrium Arena (north end of the complex).
- Grads are to arrive by 12:00 to put on caps/gowns and line up alphabetically for the ceremony. There are over 300 of you, so please be on time!
- Guests are welcome to find their seats in the Centrium beginning at 12:00; some wheelchair-accessible spaces are available. A slideshow of the grad class will begin playing at noon.
- There is no ticket, no cost (already covered by your grad fee!) and no limit to the number of people who may attend. Come support your graduate!
- Please arrive early, as three high schools are holding their graduations at the Westerner on this date and parking will be limited.
- We will have a change-room available for grads who wish to change into their formal wear after the ceremony.
Reception 5:00 - 9:00 at the Parkland Pavilion (just south of the Centrium)
- This event is a standing reception, with limited seating available to give a break for those who need it.
- We will serve beverages and appetizers, but not a full meal. You should have time for a snack between ceremony and reception, and are welcome to take your family out to supper after the speeches and parade, then return for the party. We'll keep the music going as long as there are grads who want to dance.
- We plan to have toasts to the graduates and everyone who has supported them, our Parade of Graduates, and a Dance to follow, and of course, the Rammie Awards!
- This is a ticketed event (price to be determined); there is no limit on the number of people
- You must have paid all school fees in full to be able to purchase reception tickets
Tickets for the reception will be available May 13 - June 6 for $25; June 7 - 11 $35.
Everyone attending the reception, INCLUDING THE GRADUATE, needs a ticket.
- There is no restriction on the number of tickets per student
- In order to purchase tickets, you must have full paid all school fees. There is a one-business-day hold between payment of fees and when the option to purchase tickets will be added to your account.
Tickets may be picked up during exam week (end of June) when you collect your cap & gown and return textbooks.
- After June 11th please contact Mrs. Gillard for availability, because we’ll have already given numbers to the caterer.
2022 Grads - Did you miss out on Grad Photos or Retakes?
Red Deer studio dates have been set for retakes or missed grad photo sessions! We are now taking online bookings ; the event is by appointment only. The booking link is provided below.
When : June 6th, 7th, 8th, 13th, 14th, 15th, and 16th 2022.
Where : Clearview Meadows Community Centre, 93 Cornett Drive Red Deer, AB
To see your grad photos
You should have received a card from the photographer with your session code and the website. If you don't have that card, or have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Teirra by email at teirra.keats@lifetouch.
Caps and Gowns
Grad gown and Reception ticket pick up: Exam Week - June 22 -27, 10:30 am - 3:00pm
- Tables will be set up in the Library Learning Commons.
- To pick up your cap and gown, or reception tickets, you must have paid all school fees and returned all textbooks.
- Take all your photos before the ceremony, as we’ll collect the gowns as you leave.
- If you want to take a gown earlier for family pictures, contact the LCHS office.
- There is a $100 refundable cash deposit, for a rental of ~3 days.
Graduation Theme and Decor
Our Grad committee have chosen the Theme of Grad 2022 to be "Creating Our Path to the Future". Decor will be in shades of silver and green, with subtle fairy lights and flowers. This is a brainstorming image from the Grad Committee
The Graduation Committee plans the memorable aspects of Grad - the theme, music, decorations, and the evening program. We meet Tuesdays at lunch in the Lower Learning Commons. E-mail Mrs. Gillard for more information.
Grad Rings and Hoodies
Jostens was at LCHS on Tuesday, Nov 2nd from 11:00 to 1:00 to accept orders for Grad rings. You can see a preview of ring designs at www.jostens.com/
The hoodie order has arrived and you can pick yours up at the LCHS office.
Dry Grad - volunteers needed!
In past years, LCHS has had a tradition of Dry Grad - a non-alcoholic after party, often held at a pool, climbing wall, or other "fun" place. It is organized and run by a parent volunteer group.
We are looking for a group of parents (Grade 11 or 12) to organize and run this event, with support from the school for planning and fundraising. if you are interested, please contact Mrs. Gillard at firstname.lastname@example.org